A Canadian Pacific freight led by two heavy 2–8–2s crosses the bridge over the Pleasant River at Brownville Junction, Maine. A division and crew change point, Brownville Junction was en route to tidewater at Saint John, New Brunswick. This rail line crossed the Pine Tree State on a CP subsidiary called the International of Maine, which opened in 1889.
Canadian Pacific Railroad, Brownville Junction, Maine , 1955
archival pigment print